Melaleuca, a global wellness products company manufactures kosher certified products. Since a large portion of our readership adheres to the Jewish faith, we thought we would begin a series highlighting kosher companies and companies that offer kosher products. We begin this week with a look at the health and wellness products manufactured and sold by Melaleuca.
Melaleuca is not, as a whole, a kosher company; however, 135 of its consumer goods are certified kosher. The word “kosher” refers to an ancient Jewish tradition that centers on religious dietary practices. Kosher certification is the way manufacturers guarantee that the food they make can be eaten by observant Jews.
Both the ingredients in a food and the process by which the food is made must be approved as kosher by a Jewish rabbi. Here is a quick review of some of the more popular Melaleuca products that fit the kosher bill:
- Melaleuca vitamins and supplements are some of the company’s biggest sellers. There is a wide range of products in this category including Phytomega (for cholesterol support), NutraTherm (a naturally powered fat-burning supplement that is free from stimulants), CranBarrier (a dietary supplement designed to support healthy urinary tract function), and Vitality (a multivitamin and mineral that comes in a few group-specific formulas including men, women, prenatal, and 50+). Melaleuca vitamins and supplements are comparable in price to GNC products, Centrum, and NatureMade.
- Melaleuca snack bars come in two varieties: Simply Fit and Attain. These snack bars are designed to curb cravings and provide a healthy, wholesome snack option and are comparable to snack bars like Nature Valley, Special K, Quaker, and Nutri-Grain. Melaleuca snack bars come in several flavors including chocolate peanut butter, sweet and salty nut, yogurt berry parfait, and caramel coconut. Other kosher Simply Fit products include hot cereals, popcorn, and crackers.
- Melaleuca offers a kosher energy/exercise bar called Access. Access bars are designed to boost fat burning, so the idea is to eat one about 15 minutes before working out. They come in a variety of flavors including caramel, peanut butter, mint, and s’mores. They are comparable in price to Clif Bars and PowerBars.
- Melaleuca shakes are a kosher powdered product. Attain GC Control shakes are designed to support healthy blood sugar levels. They come in vanilla, chocolate, apple cinnamon, and caramel flavors. Melaleuca’s protein shakes (and protein bars) are also kosher. The company offers other kosher powdered products including energy drinks and sugar-free soft drink alternatives.
- Melaleuca’s toothpaste and mouthwash are naturally flavored and powered by mint, myrrh, and Melaleuca oil (or “tea tree oil”). The mouthwash is alcohol-free too.
This is just a small sampling of the many kosher Melaleuca products. Detailed descriptions of every product can be found on the company’s website at Melaleuca.com. Melaleuca reviews from customers have been very positive on the products.
Melaleuca is a U.S.-based manufacturer and online retailer of over 450 health and wellness products, from home cleaning products and cosmetics to personal care and nutritional items. Founded in 1985 by CEO Frank VanderSloot, Melaleuca is headquartered in Idaho Falls, Idaho, and operates in 19 countries worldwide.
Be sure to check out our review of new Melaleuca coffee.
* The IDF is not affiliated with Melaleuca or Frank VanderSloot, nor does it endorse any of the companies or products mentioned in this article.